Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Speeding motorcycle Futsal thugs

I haven't written in forever. A few weeks I think. Or maybe it was a few days. Time flys here. I feel like I've been here for a few weeks but its been two months or so.
I went to the first Futsal practice yesterday. It's an extra-cirricular type thing after school on whensdays. Not much really, just a bunch of students getting togeather and kicking a ball around. I think there is a coach but he wasn't there today so it took forever to find a decent ball seeing as he had the key to the sports equpment room. Some of the kids even have uniforms with their names on the back and everything. The colors are wierd though. YPHB colors are yellow and green but for some reason they decided to make the uniforms the odd combo of blue and yellow. Didn't like them too much. Neither did my friend Husna. But what are we gonna do. They still look official and nice with YPHB Bogor within a large Y on the front of the jersey. It wasn't an actual game that day so only a few kids had em. Most were in T-shirts and shorts. All of them were really good. Totally makes one feel dwarfed when playing with these guys. It was all godd fun though. We played, I tried goalie and decided to never try it again and then it was over. The team captain told me that there was a futsal competetion of sorts within YPHB on thursday. Im not sure if I can play yet. I was also told that instead of Dimas coming to the school to pick me up he would meet me and Husna at Heru's house. Excitment! Yes, riding on a moped again. Sometimes riding in cars can get boring. Husna gave another kid a ride as well making it a total of 3 kids on the machine. I probably wasn't built to handle that much weight. We had to help it up the slope of the driveway from YPHB.
Bam, traffic, weeving in and out of cars and over-burdened trucks. I smell exhaust and food from street vendors. I feel a rain drop. It starts to rain. We keep on going making our way towards our destination, slowing down to barely a crawl for jaggedly protruding speedbumps. Those things are everywhere and get a little annoying. They aren't made to have a good transition from concrete to the thing it self. Just a small ridge in the middle of the road. Makes for quite the bump.

Lunchtime. I'll finish it later ya?
Cheers

1 comment:

  1. I wish I were back in a third world country. Futsal sounds like it will be fun. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete