Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bad Internet

I dont know what happens. It will last for a couple weeks and then something will happen. Something screwing up the connection. My host brother said it was something to do with the tower. I guess I'll just have to wait. But internet isnt the only important thing. In fact I dont need it. I've gotten used to not needing it. It's a shame though when I cant share some photos that I really liked or something comes to mind that I really want to put somewhere. I could write it down, but I am a lazy person who doesn't have the patience for writing as sad as that sounds. Though I do like to write. I meant the physical thing. Plus if I start writing in my journal again i will have left out almost two months worth of experiances. Hmm.

Routine.
Wake up, by host mom or maybe the maid but she doesn't do a very good job of waking me and Dimas up. She doesnt turn the light on. But that's no her fault. She shouldn't really have that responsibility. Anyways, get up, grab my clothes and stumble into the shower. The rancid taste of first waking up is still in my mouth. Shower, get dressed, maybe take a look in the mirror and realize how half-asleep I still look. Grab my bag, proper books and all that stuff. Downstairs, breakfast, fast breakfast, sometimes just a few bites. Depends how fast I am. In my host brothers car. Tie my shoes (I dont usually have time to do that at the house), pick up Habib on the way to school. School! study, sleep in class, attempt to learn from teachers who know a few words in English, eat lunch, have laughs with friends, go to the library and do this! lunch, study, study, school is out! what should I do? Well today after school I think I am gonna hang out and watch the futsal game. class vs class. These are the final games, the championships. Sadly my class already got beaten out of the league. Hmm. Maybe after that go home, hang out with some friends or go home, grab a movie or food beforehand. Shower, dinner, then study, watch a nice pirated dvd or just fall asleep on my bed. This is the usual routine for a Monday Tuesday or Thursday. My school gets out at 4 so there isn't a whole lot of time for anything after school. You are too tired anyways.

Indonesia is surprising. Nothing like I imagined. Expections get abolished. Sometimes I am confused. Why am I here? What am I doing? But then I remember that I wanted to be here, and I still want to no matter the crazy in the moment emotions that I am feeling. The days have been good and bad, up and down. I have had some of the best days of my life here and some of the hardest. The language is frustrating and delightful, the heat terriable and wonderful. And now I need to eat stuff with Sambal (like spicey sauce). It adds something to everything.
I'm not sure where I am going with this. I dont have much time to write this. Anyways. Hope the internet works again so I can add to this blog more. There aren't a whole lot of actual experiances in this segement. Maybe some other time. But for now, da-da (cya, sorta. In Indonesia)

No comments:

Post a Comment