Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bali impressions

Bali. The land of surf, sun, rice patties and Hindu temples. Even the flora is greener it seems. A paradise. Of course when I went I was met with polluted ocean water and an endless amount of rain. And the place has been invaded by the Aussies seeing as Bali is like Mexico to Americans, a next-door neighbor where responsibilities go out the window. I guess 80% of the bules that come here are Australian. Not that this is a bad thing. Just something I noticed. Anyways me having a cold didn't help either. To top it off I got an ear infection. That's not to say I didn't like it. In the few short days that I was there I learned alot, like that the Balinese calender is different than the rest of Indonesia. A month is closer to 35 days and a year somewhere around 14 months. Not sure how it works. I also found out that Balinese Hindus do it beef, cow whatever, while those in India do not seeing as the cow is sacred to them. Balinese Hinduism is a combo of the religion and local beliefs which result in a very unique and intriguing result. MORE LATER. I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment