Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Superman SUCKS!

The argument was intense, but not in a bad way. We were grinning and laughing through the whole thing. I had a slight advantage. I could swamp him in fast english sentences which weren't even that good in supporting my argument but made him feel as if I had better reasoning. I could see his of it too but we were looking at the whole thing from different angles. His was from the physical prowness and strength aspect while I was arguing as if we were talking about the entire concept, how intresting it was and the complexity level. The density of it. Batman vs Superman. We should have been doing our assignment. Translate some words from Sundanese to Bahasa but no, this was far more important. Yuri is a funny guy, the fellow student I was having the debate with. He's a goof. A crazy good musician, magician and artist. He's clever but I can't say I like his music tastes to much despite his skill with the drumkit. Bad pop can get old sometimes.

On somedays Bogor reminds me of Washington. Only when it is cloudy, windy and overcast. Or raining. But the rain here is intense. It feels like a hurricane at times, watching palm trees in the distance flap and bend in the storm. Lighting and thunder is a regular occurence. Wild stuff. Me and a few other students were trapped at school once because it was raining so hard. None of us wanted to brave it walking or even on a motorcycle. We waited and waited, eating food and snacks until it calmed down enough that you could see. So then I walked to the bus station and rode it home tired and wet. You somehow get wet even if you are sheltered from the onslaught. I like it though. Zipping through traffic on the back of a moped with the rain in your face is quite the experiance. Something I will miss.

Yet again school is out. I should go. The internet works again in my house. I'll try write more and complete. For now I have to go. After school buisness calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment